Gary Moore Band - Grinding Stone - Numbered Limited Edition 180G Flaming Coloured Vinyl LP
Music On Vinyl
Release Date: 24 March 2023
- 180 gram audiophile vinyl
- Deluxe heavyweight sleeve with leather laminate
- First and only album by The Gary Moore Band
- Recorded in 1973 after Gary Moore left Skid Row and before he joined Thin Lizzy
- 50th anniversary edition of 1500 individually numbered copies on flaming coloured vinyl
Released in 1973, Grinding Stone was Gary Moore's solo debut with The Gary Moore Band. The music on this album could be described as experimental, but on the album, Moore explores a number of styles, from the title track's instrumental "Boogie Rock" to soulful vocals on "Sail Across the Mountain" and 17 minutes of guitar and keyboard excursions on the surprisingly funky "Spirit".
Often cited as an overlooked gem and totally ahead of its time, Grinding Stone showcases Moore at his most experimental, mixing up styles and a taste of the triumphs that followed with his work in Colosseum II & Thin Lizzy.
Grinding Stone is available as a 50th anniversary edition of 1500 individually numbered copies on flaming coloured vinyl.
1. GRINDING STONE
2. TIME TO HEAL
3. SAIL ACROSS THE MOUNTAIN
1. THE ENERGY DANCE
3. BOOGIE MY WAY BACK HOME